TELL A STORY
Thank you so much for wanting to share your story with us. Really. Sincerely. Thank you! Here are some guidelines for what makes a good ‘The Lip’ story.
- Your story should be 100% true. No fiction please. It doesn’t have to be something that changed your life (although it’s great if it has!) It could be something that makes us laugh, something that darned-near breaks our hearts, something that has us riveted to our seats… or something in between.
- It must be something that has happened to YOU.
- You don’t need to be an experienced story teller. In fact you might never have told your story to an audience before, but you do need to be able to talk about it and have some perspective on what happened. Being able to share your story with honesty is what will make your story resonate with listeners.
- If your story is accepted, how does it work? You will be interviewed by Megan, either in person or over the phone. It’s all pretty relaxed. Think of it like a conversation where you get to hog all the limelight! Even if you’re nervous at first, don't worry. More than likely you will find it an interesting, fun and possibly cathartic experience. The interview will most likely take between one and two hours and there may be some much shorter (like 5 minutes) follow-up chats just to make sure we’ve got nothing wrong.
- We are not able to respond to all submissions, but please know that we read ALL of them and are so grateful to all of you who share your story with us.
To submit a story
- Send an email of up to 500 words to: email@example.com
- You don’t have to, but it sometimes helps to follow the format:
- MY STORY STARTS LIKE THIS
- IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY THIS HAPPENED
- MY STORY ENDS LIKE THIS
- Keep it simple — just the basic events and the impact those events had on your life